Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Owen is 3!


My baby boy turned 3 last week. Three seems a lot bigger than 2, for some reason. He's definitely seemed more like a little boy lately rather than a toddler. He continues to entertain us with his passionate, expressive, determined, quirky ways. He still seems to relish being as different from Ethan as he can possibly be - we can't decide if it's premeditated or it's just how he naturally is. Probably a little of both. He's incredibly helpful and always needs to be busy doing a project, and he knows his construction equipment like no one I know.   

All he's wanted for awhile now is a pair of overalls. I've never really wanted to put my kids in overalls (probably because they remind me of when I wore them back in Jr High/High school...a style better left in the past), but it's hard to say "no" when your son is begging for them. And they're functional, right? He hasn't wanted to take them off since he got them, so I guess it was a good gift. 

My Dad came and got Owen this weekend and took him to Oklahoma so Owen could be a part of the ground breaking of their new house. They'd planned to come here and take Owen to a hotel like they did Ethan, but this seemed to fit Owen's interests a little better! Owen packed all of his tools and tractor toys, and was ready to go as soon as I mentioned the plan. My mom said he was up at 6 ready to go to "the construction sight", and he and Papi were out the door to get donuts and head that way by 7:30! It sounds like Owen had a blast watching the constructions workers do their thing. I also think he enjoyed having Papi all to himself. Thanks, Mimi and Papi, for the fun memories!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday OweeO! Can't believe he's so big. And LOVE the 'ralls :) (probably because I loved wearing them for way too long so it brings back happy memories for me....hahaha...)