Friday, February 03, 2012

Harper is 10 Months Old

My baby girl is getting big. She's continuing to grow up too fast for me. It's the small things like her being pretty much done with baby food, that makes me kind of sad. And packing up clothes that are suddenly too small. Of course, it's also really fun watching her turn into her own little person. She's going to be a little firecracker, I think! She's becoming quite verbal - if people aren't paying attention to her she yells. Loudly. I think with the influence of her brothers, she thinks that growling at people is a normal way to communicate too. She was playing with a sweet little girl her age at church (an only child), and Harper wanted the toy she had. So, naturally, she got in her face, growled, and took it. The poor little girl started crying. Oy. 

Harper is on the cusp of learning to crawl. She scoots and rolls all over the place, and for some reason she always ends up under the couch! She can get on her hands and knees and rock but hasn't figured out how to actually crawl. I think I'm pretty okay with that...although it's a source of major frustration for her. 

She loves dolls. It's really cute. She has one baby doll in her bed, and she knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say, "Let's go find Baby." Almost every night she's asleep holding her baby. 

She has two teeth in the bottom, and there doesn't appear to be any more coming in any time soon. 

She's quite strong and determined, we're seeing. Just try taking something from her. That girl has a grip!

Her brothers make her laugh like no one else can. She just watches them...and you can tell she's dying to keep up with them. I let Harper and Owen take a bath together the other night while Ethan was at the ER (he's fine), and I don't know that I've seen Harper laugh so much. 

1 comment:

Mandy S said...

She is beautiful!!!