Friday, February 03, 2012

My FIVE Year Old


I can't believe my first born is five! For some reason it seems sooo much older than 4. We've decided to one big birthday party for all three kids in March, so Ethan's birthday looked a little different this year. We woke him up the morning of his birthday to balloons and cupcakes. He got to pick what he ate for all three meals, and he received a few action figures as gifts. I think the biggest deal for him was that turning 5 means you get to sit with your parents in "big church". He was really excited to be a big guy with us that Sunday morning. (I hope the excitement continues...)
The highlight of his birthday weekend was from Mimi and Papi, though. (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures!) They came in town Friday afternoon, picked Ethan up and took him to a movie, then to Chuck E Cheeses, and then to a hotel where he got to swim and spend the night with them. Saturday morning he requested donuts in bed while he watched cartoons. He was in heaven. My mom said he didn't stop talking from the minute they picked him up to the minute they dropped him off! I think he enjoyed the one-on-one time! Thanks, Mimi and Papi!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great idea! I can't believe he's 5! That does seem so old... I still remember him as a little toddler who loved to dance to "The Best." Happy Birthday Ethan!

Little S said...

Having fun reading the updates on all your kids. Harper certainly looks like she belongs in your family. :) And, it's funny to see O and E are still vastly different. Looking forward to pictures of the big birthday bash!