Sunday, February 05, 2012

A Busy Farmer


The other morning I heard the boys talking, and it went something like this...

Ethan: I am Admiral Ackbar, and I am in charge of combat operations against the Galactic Empire. Who are you, Owen?

Owen: I'm nobody. I'm a farmer, and I need to go outside and feed my cows.

And that's a pretty typical day for my Owen. If he's not riding his tractor, he's feeding his imaginary cows, chickens, goats, sheep and Z Donks. (think he got some inspiration from his Paw Paw?!)

It has been so fun watching the boys be so incredibly different. Owen's favorite show right now is "Mighty Machines" - all they show is different construction sites and the functions of each machine. He claims to be "over Bob the Builder" too. I've learned not to question or correct him when he's talking about different types of machine .

AND this big guy has decided he's "over diapers" too. Last week, as I was changing his diaper, I could see him thinking really hard. He finally told me that his stomach was a cement mixer and he would only be putting cement in the toilet from here on out. That's all it took. I haven't changed a dirty diaper since then! He's had a couple of small accidents with peeing, but overall he's done AMAZING. I haven't had to do a thing...he goes when he needs to, has been waking up completely dry from naps and bed, and he's so determined that I don't even have to remind him. I knew it would have to be his idea, but I didn't know it would be so easy when he decided he was ready.

We're getting closer to 3 years old, and I feel like my Baby Boy is growing leaps and bounds!

1 comment:

ElleDuncan said...

The "cement truck" story cracks me up! Hilarious!! Love that little guy!
~Lynette