Saturday, February 25, 2012

11 Months


We can't be this close to celebrating a 1st birthday, right?!? I can't even get myself to think about 1st birthday stuff for Harper because I think I am in denial...

This fun little lady makes us laugh every day. She's turning into a "ham" as she's learning to make funny faces, crazy loud sounds, and to dance. She can say 5 words: Momma, Dadda, Bubba, baby, and yeah. The latest addition being "baby". That girl loves her babies! It's so fascinating watching her with them. She'll pick it up, hold it on her chest, rock back and forth and kiss it. The boys have never thought to do that. 

She's yet to figure out the crawling thing completely. She can get on her hand and knees, and she does an amazing "plank", but there's no movement forward on her hands and knees. She still manages to get into everything and always end up under a piece of furniture. 

She's also already learning to work us. She gives the BEST hugs and cuddles - right before it's time to go to bed. She's learned that if she cuddles really well, I'll hold her longer. And she's mastering the bottom lip when she gets sad - pretty sure Chris would give her a car if she could ask for one when she does that. She's going to give us a run for our money!

I am loving having a daughter. I never thought I would, but I am. Harper Laine has been such a blessing to our family these past 11 months!

No comments: