This is where Baby H is this week. (we're slowly narrowing down names...)
- Baby gains about 6 ounces this week. The weight is in muscle, bone mass and organs.
- His body begins to fill out with his appearance increasingly becoming more like a newborn.
- Taste buds begin to form. If mom drinks something strange or bitter, baby may be observed showing his distaste.
- Little creases have appeared on his palms. The muscular coordination of his hands has improved as he sucks his thumb.
- Over the next seven days the sweat glands will be forming in the skin.
- His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
- Baby weighs 1.3 pound and is 11.8 inches long.....almost the length of a ruler!
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
We had our first ultrasound yesterday and found out that my expanding belly is holding a baby boy. It was one of the coolest experiences to see the little guy squirming around in there. And it was such a relief hearing that everything looked normal. The whole ultrasound he was standing on his head and, surprisingly, was a little modest for the first few minutes. The technician couldn't get him to uncross his legs!!! Finally he did give us a good flash, and much to Chris' delight, he was most definitely a little boy. We're still working on a name for him...we may end up polling our blogging friends like the Davis' did and see what everyone thinks! We'll see...