Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's a...

...a healthy baby! Yes, that's right, we still do not know the gender of Baby #3. We had our ultrasound this past Friday, complete with grandparents in attendance, but this baby decided to be either shy or stubborn (or both). As we kept looking for some clear indicators, I kept thinking, "This has to be a girl. She's already giving me grief!". The doctor worked for about 30 minutes trying to get a clear shot, and from what we could see there were no "boy parts"...but there were no super clear "girl parts" either. We were told we could go out and start buying pink things but to leave the tags on. Not the answer I was looking for! Thankfully, our dear friend Dr Karns has agreed to do an ultrasound this coming week when we're in Stillwater for Thanksgiving. Hopefully then Baby will be a little more cooperative. I seriously have some shopping to do if this is a girl!

Even though we didn't find out the gender as soon as we'd planned, we do feel VERY blessed to have a healthy baby. It is truly a miracle that I am able to grow life inside of me, and it never gets old seeing that baby move around in there. We found out that baby measured exactly one day off from my expected due date, which was encouraging, and we told the doctor that we were planning on doing a home birth if he didn't see any "red flags". He was able to give us the go ahead saying he saw absolutely nothing to be concerned about. So, Lord willing, we're going to move forward meeting with our midwife, Jennifer, and meeting this little one around the first of April!

5 comments:

Stacy and Jason said...

healthy is great! tell Karns that you're friends with me - he's our doc, too!

kobie said...

yea!! and so excited about the home birth...especially for you lightning-fast-labor-girl!

Marissa said...

So it still might be a girl! How fun! I can't wait to hear what your next ultrasound says. Keep me posted--I have cute girl stuff for babies born in April! :) :) :)

Leslie said...

So glad she/he is healthy! How frustrating to not find out after all that... Can't wait to hear more soon!

Little S said...

Excited for you guys! I hope you find out soon that it is in fact a girl. :)