Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bunkbeds!

I had truly expected this post to be much more entertaining...or to at least have a good story or two...but amazingly enough, it's been pretty uneventful around here with two boys sharing a bed room! We got the bunk beds a few weeks ago and went back and forth on when we were going to transition Owen from his crib to Ethan's room. We tried him in the bunk once, and he was totally for it until the light went off. Tears ensued along with cries of, "No bunk beds. Crib!". Last weekend, though, I got some sort of nesting bug and moved all of Owen's clothes over to Ethan's closet. I guess Owen decided that he needed to move too. He grabbed his plug, blanket, and animals, and climbed up on his bed. He hasn't gone back to the crib since. I was SO nervous that they would wake each other up. I hardly slept the first night listening for Ethan to yell out he had to go potty or something. But like my other friends had told me, they can sleep through anything! Owen has since thrown up in the middle of the night, Ethan has had nightmares, and the other one hasn't moved. Needless to say, I have been very encouraged. It's still a little weird walking by an empty nursery. I almost got a little sad the other night, but then I remembered that we will be filling it up in about three and a half months, and I wasn't sad anymore. Just thankful for a full night's rest!

2 comments:

Little S said...

I'm glad to hear the transition went so well. Can't wait to see what you do to the nursery. :)

Amy said...

Awe! So cute. I love it when they look like little babies in huge beds.