Tuesday, November 16, 2010

19 and 20 months...

Oh, my sweet little Owen is growing up! It seems like lately when I look at him, he's less and less my little baby and is becoming a little boy. I know that's really going to be the case when Baby #3 gets here...

He's still my little cuddle bug...he loves to give hugs and make an "awwww" sound when he does it. Every night he asks to "rock" before I put him in his bed, so I happily oblige. (I'm really not used to having a kid that likes cuddling!) He's more of a "momma's boy" than his big brother ever was, but as he's getting older I see him really enjoying rough housing and playing with Chris more and more. He and Chris have bonded over Yoda from Star Wars. After Owen got over being scared of Chris dressed up as Yoda for Halloween, he's started requesting to watch Yoda on YouTube with Chris. Owen's impersonation of Yoda is hilarious.

Owen's little personality is definitely developing more and more. He's really laid back when he's laid back...and then when he's unhappy, he's really unhappy. I have watched in shock as he's thrown some of the biggest fits I have seen! In fact, I ended up on the phone with my mom yesterday asking what in the world do I do with him!!! But when he is happy, he's hilarious. He's really into dancing and singing (very loudly). He still loves lawn mowers and weed eaters. He's really gotten into praying at dinner or when he's in trouble (very convenient). His meal time prayers consists of him saying "Paw Paw", "Papi" and "Daddy" over and over again. Those guys are definitely covered in prayer every day. And my favorite "new thing" is him singing and talking to the baby my belly. He's quite sweet - giving it hugs, kisses, and talking sweetly. I pray that continues when the baby is out in the world...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So sweet! I so wish we could have these boys get together more often!!

Amy said...

Awe... I love that little guy!