Thursday, June 09, 2011

My Shadow...

From an early age, Owen has not enjoyed being by himself. As a baby he wanted to be carried all the time, and as a 2 year old, he is always at my side wanting to help out. It's taken me a little bit to get used to this as Ethan has always been content playing by himself. I've had to get creative in finding ways for Owen to "help" and still get things done. He decided since I was on my computer one morning that he should have a computer himself. This was his creation... The whole time he was working, he was talking about selling gum and candy (his dad's job as far as he knows).
Owen sticking to my side doesn't just limit itself to the house either. He generally stays busy in my general vicinity mowing or weed eating when we're at the park, in the front yard, etc. His buddy Elli is very similar with her mom, but I think they may have turned a new leaf as they both decided that playing together might not be a bad idea! This was very exciting for us moms. It was pretty cute watching them hold hands playing in the water. They were a smaller version of Ethan and Elli's big sister, Gracie. (Ethan's already claimed undying love for Gracie.) Maybe we should arrange a double wedding...

No comments: