Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Growing up I was pretty sure I would never find a man that was as good of a dad as my dad was. In my eyes he was pretty much perfect, so any man I married had a lot to live up to! Thankfully, the Lord blessed me with an amazing Dad AND an amazing dad for my kiddos.

I have to admit, Chris blows me away at what an amazing father he is on almost a daily basis. When he comes home from work he is completely present. He engages the kids, plays with them, loves them, enjoys being around them, teaches them, and strives to continually to understand them so he can pray for them better. Going back through the last four and a half years of pictures, it was so fun to see all the memories the kids already have made with Chris. From playing together, having dance parties, taking naps together, swimming, boat rides, making chores seem like fun (ie: wearing a 30 pound toddler while mowing), having "guy's time" at Krispy Kreme, singing to his daughter, wiping tears, introducing Star Wars...I could go on... Basically, I want to thank Chris for being such an incredible dad to our kids! You are a true blessing to our family, and you're showing your kids a reflection of our heavenly Father's love. You rock. :)

No comments: