Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 Months & Strange Happenings

My baby girl has been with us for three months now! I feel like every morning when I get her she's grown and changed since the night before. She's smiling all the time now, and she's even "talking" to us in sweet little "cooing" sounds. She's continued her "best sleeping baby" streak as she is now sleeping 11-12 hours every night. I still can't believe it. She's taking about three naps a day and goes down really easy. Thank you, Lord, for such an easy baby... She's becoming more aware of her hands and she's constantly trying to get them in her mouth. She's also started trying to grab the toys on her car seat. Having a girl is doing really weird things to me. I actually pulled out my sewing machine and sewed some baby leggings a few weeks ago. My friends, Shawn and Leslie, inspired me - thanks, guys! And then I started making hair flowers/clips. I admit, I am addicted... The ironic thing is that I hardly ever put them on Harper b/c they constantly end up in her eyes, but thankfully I have lots of friends with girls that I have been able to share them with! I've been eyeing a dress that is on Etsy that I think I may attempt to sew when I get my machine back from getting fixed. I'm not sure what's going on with me!!!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Isn't it crazy! I never once thought about making things for Sam, but now with a girl... I've gone crazy! Beautiful flowers for the headbands! Love the fabric combinations.
Harper is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her.

Cat said...

It is crazy!! We'll have to swap craft ideas when I see you next. :) And I'll be sure to save a flower for Emma...

Little S said...

What has gotten into you? I bet the last time you used your sewing machine was when we made that ugly blanket for Ethan. :) How did you make the flowers?? You'll have to give a tutorial. They are super cute--as is sweet Harper!

Michelle said...

So cute!
It was great seeing you guys tonight.
So, will you make Norah some of those cute flowers? I'll pay you for them! (I am so not crafty!!)

Cat said...

Shawn, you're right...I hadn't touched my sewing machine since the blankets!!! Oh, those blankets. :) Kate and I are going to get together and make more flowers/headbands if you want to join. We'll do it before you move. :(

Michelle, I'd love to make some for your girls!! It was fun seeing you guys last night too...you'll need to start joining us on Friday nights on a regular basis!