Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Owen!

We celebrated Owen's 2nd birthday last weekend, and it was the hardest party I've ever planned! Ethan has always had very focused, pretty conventional passions (ie: super heros, sports, etc), so I knew exactly what kind of party he's wanted. With Owen, though, it was hard to plan a lawnmower, grilling or cooking themed party! I ended up doing a "decorate your own cupcake party" with party favor aprons for the kids to wear, fun boxes to take your creations home in, and cupcake toppers of all things that Owen likes.
The highlight of Owen's day was getting a toy grill from his Grandma Debbie. He hardly left it to play with anyone else at the party, and anytime anyone would get close to the grill he'd yell, "No touch! Hot! Back out." He still won't let anyone near it... We finished the day off with a "cactor" (tractor) ride with my dad. I think Chris hopes his passion for lawn mowing continues WAY into his teenaged years.

It's hard to believe my "baby" is 2 now. He's been so fun to watch grown and get to know. Happy birthday, buddy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Owen! That little grill is so cute! Love his little sayings too!

Leslie said...

Oops, that was me again... I always forget to sign out.

Little S said...

What a great party idea for the little chef. :) What happened to the farm animal idea? Happy Birthday Owen!

Christi said...

Happy Birthday Owen! We miss you guys!

Cat said...

Shawn, Owen has started getting mad at tractors that he can't actually get on and ride...so I decided to stay away from the farm theme. :) Cooking/grilling has been the main "passion" as of late, so we ran with it. Plus, I don't think I could get my cupcakes to be as cute as yours!!

Christi, I miss you! Ethan saw some pictures of Chaz and has been asking when he can see him again.