Wednesday, February 02, 2011

23 Months

As I am typing this entry, I can hear Owen in his bed alternating between singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" at the top of his lungs and yelling for his brother to wake up... (Amazingly, Ethan appears to still be asleep.) It's been another fun month with Owen. He survived his traumatic face plant into a paint can, and his face seems to be healing up really well. He still enjoys telling the story of the incident..."Brother hug. Fall. Bonk paint can. Cry." His poor Sunday school teacher heard that over and over again... He's started calling me "Cat Hoyle". There's nothing like hearing him yell, "Cat Hoyle. Come!" when he needs something. His stubbornness and single-mindedness continue to amaze me - he's virtually impossible to distract when he's got his mind set on something! That is balanced out, though, by his charm...he can make you feel like a million bucks when he says your name, runs up to you and asks for a hug and kiss. He also has yet to meet a stranger. I am starting to worry about his transition when his baby sister comes... He slept in the crib the other day when he wasn't feeling well, and when I went to get him out I told him we were done sleeping in Harper's bed. He looked at me, yelled, and then said, "No baby Harper. Me push her out. Punch. MY crib." Lovely.

1 comment:

Little S said...

He calls you Cat Hoyle!! I laughed out loud when I read that. Too funny!