Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lily's Baptism


Last weekend we had the honor of being a part of my newest niece's baptism. Jon and Katie asked Chris and I to be her godparents, so for our very first Anglican church service we walked down the aisle with Lily to present her to the priest. I held Lily as she was baptized, and it was one of the most moving moments of my life. We are pretty new to this whole godparent thing, but as we have learned a little more about our role, I think it is really amazing that I have the privilege of being tied to my niece in this way. We look forward to celebrating this day with her for years to come!
While we were in OKC for the weekend, we got to stay with Grandma Debbie. The boys loved drinking peach water, watching tv on the patio, and getting a few extra Oreo cookies than normal!
We also got to cook out with the Dodson family, and we had a blast watching the kids play and have fun with each other. As always, the time together was too short.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!