Thursday, May 06, 2010

14 Months

I can't hardly keep up with the months anymore, but I am going to try... It's hard to believe Owen has been with us for 14 months now. I can't really remember life w/o him! Yesterday when talking to Ethan about when he was a baby, he wanted to know where Owen was. He couldn't wrap his head around Owen not existing yet, and I really couldn't either!

Owen has taken to walking quite well; he's all over the place and into EVERYTHING. I don't remember his brother climbing and emptying all drawers and cabinets...it's thrown me for a bit of a loop. Owen is still really happy and pretty easy. He does however get very vocal, very quickly if he doesn't get his way. I witnessed his first throw-himself-on-the-ground-kicking-and-screaming-fit today as he didn't want to go down for a nap. Man, it looks like fun to come. He's obsessed with dogs. Luckily our neighbors have a black lab we can borrow, although they may not be so thrilled about it...Owen likes to stand at their front window yelling "DOG" until they bring her out!

Owen adores his older brother, and my new strategy is to have Ethan help me out when Owen is being "difficult". If big brother eats his food, it's amazing how little brother suddenly starts. Owen even yells out for his "Bubba" when he's dropped off at the nursery. Pretty sweet. My absolute favorite thing is when they start making each other laugh...I don't know that it gets much better than that.

We're in process of dropping Owen's morning nap...against my will. We worked so hard to get him to take his 2 regular naps, and we were in such a nice routine. I guess I should never get too comfortable!

3 comments:

rhp997 said...

Haha! I love these pictures!! We miss getting to see you guys!

Amy said...

Great post! "bubba" ha ha ha.....Love that little smiley guy

Leslie said...

Love it! He's growing up way too fast!! Hope dropping the nap is going a little better now!