Friday, February 20, 2009

An interesting morning...

It looks like Owen is setting the stage for his very own kind of entrance into the world. I woke up at 2:30 this morning with mild contractions and couldn't go back to sleep. So, I ate, caught up on emails, did some wrapping up on some design work, and then tried to go back to bed. The contractions kept coming every ten minutes and were lasting ten minutes. I got Chris up around 3:30 to let him know, and he called our doula around 4:00 to see what she thought. Everything we've heard from her and our doctor was "the MINUTE" something happens, head to the hospital... But we only know how to deal with water breaking and intense pain, so we're not sure what any other "something" looks like! She told us to wait till they were a little more intense and somewhat closer together. By 6:00 they were a little more intense, so we called my parents to get them on the road. And then all contractions stopped around 7:30. I have had one since then...what in the world?!? We've been all geared up for another fast, out-of-the-blue delivery. My legs are shaved, toes painted, and my make-up is on - where's the kid?!

My parents are now here, which is really a relief knowing that I don't have to get someone to our house to watch Ethan when things really do happen. They brought some furniture we've been waiting on, so that's all set up and ready to go. And I have to remind myself that the longer Owen "cooks", the better it is for him. It's just so hard not being in control of the situation! Oh, how God likes to teach us things...

Hopefully there's more to report soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every baby likes to make his/her entrance into the world their own way. God is teaching me patience too as I've been on pins and needles ever since Friday morning, but what can we do? Anyway, can't wait to be there and support you and Chris!

Anonymous said...

P.S. The first comment was actually Julie.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hoyles! We are so thrilled that Owen is here! We can't wait to meet him. We are praying for all of you as you start your new chapter! Thinking about you...Love you guys, Mark, Macy and Zoey