Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sweet Innocence

We were at the mall a few days ago and we let Ethan out of his stroller to walk with us. As soon as we put him down, he started dancing to music that was playing on the outdoor speakers. He got his one arm flapping, his feet stomping up and down, bouncing and turning in circles. (you really have to see it to get the full picture...) He danced for at 3-4 minutes. People started stopping to watch and laugh. I couldn't decide if he was oblivious to the attention or was relishing in it (probably the latter), but I couldn't help but marvel at the innocence of it all. He doesn't care what people think! He's free to move as the music inspires...oh, to be that uninhibited. I wish I could be that carefree.

Oh, and we've decided to bring a hat next time we go. We'll start collecting money for his college fund...

(this picture doesn't have anything to do with dancing at the mall - it just makes me laugh)

No comments: