Sunday, October 09, 2005

A True Sign of Getting Older

Chris and I bought a new vacuum cleaner last night and you would have thought it was Christmas Day in our house. We both have been talking about and researching vacuum cleaners for the last several weeks b/c my old one no longer sucks - it blows. (literally) So, we took the plunge, spending a more than we normally would have liked to get one that was guaranteed to pick up cat hair. We brought it home, Chris assembled and read the detailed instructions...and then we vacuumed. (Had you told me that I would have been this excited about vacuuming two years ago I probably would have laughed in your face.) Chris vacuumed and I followed him around like a little kid. I will spare you the details of what this miraculous sucking machine pulled up from our floor, but I was astounded. The vacuum was all that it was cracked up to and more. I believe I will write a review on their website this afternoon. And I will probably vacuum again just for kicks.

5 comments:

CR Hoyle said...

That vacuum really does suck people! We sucked up enough cat hair to make a small pillow.

Virginia said...

that is hilarious! I agree with you, though. I got a mixer for Christmas and you would have thought it was a new car or something. I was so excited!

shauna said...

WOW! Oh the excitement is too much to bear!

rhp997 said...

Well...what kind is it??? I'm still using a hand-me-down from the Paleozoic era (Permian perhaps?) and need to upgrade!

Cat said...

It's a "lower end" Dyson. You've probably seen the commercials...they're really pushing them now.