Monday, October 10, 2005

In the Lines

I spent Saturday with Chris' side of the family watching the OU football game. (yes, the things you do for love) Anyway, I got to hang out with my beautiful niece, Alyssa (she's an artist/Olympic gymnast/Pro-soccer player in the making - of course I am selfishly trying to encourage the artist side). While the game was on she asked me to color with her, so we sat down and took turns coloring from a Toy Story coloring book. I was amazed at how therapeutic it was. Between work and, well life in general, it was so nice to sit down to something that was all lined out - no surprises, rules or sudden changes. I could see the entire picture and could fill in the blank spaces with the colors as I wanted. If only life was that simple some times!

3 comments:

shauna said...

seriously!

shauna said...

doing those word verifications is just like being in 1st grade again. . .what fun!

CR Hoyle said...

like watching OU football is only something one would do for love of their spouse...that's crazy talk