Monday, August 22, 2005

Friends

(I promise I won't bust out into "Friends are Friends Forever"...)

It's a pretty amazing thing when you find a "soul friend" - someone that, no matter how far away they live or how long you go w/o talking to them, you can pick up right where you left off. This weekend I was totally blessed to have my friend, Kobie, come visit me. She flew in from Minneapolis on Friday morning and we parted ways yesterday afternoon in Tulsa after a marathon Wet Seal shopping spree. I don't normally do a very good job at keeping in touch with people that live far away, but for some reason, even living two time zone away (she just moved to MN) for the last three years our friendship has only deepened. I don't know why we have clicked the way we have...maybe it's the love of cigars, good conversation, creativity, graphic design, good music, deep movies, spirituality, disdain for being put in a box, and yummy chocolate dessert with ice cream. Regardless of the reason, I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with such an amazing friend that continues to challenge me and help me walk through life's crazy curveballs. Thankfully her husband is a pilot so she can come visit me more often!

1 comment:

kobie said...

we really do have an amazing friendship. thanks so much for your honesty and for your friendship. i just love anytime we can get together!....and anytime we can stay up late talking! i love you!