Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Harper Laine!

My baby girl is 1! I've been in denial...probably why this post is pretty late considering her birthday was two weeks ago! The year has flown, and it's hard even imagining what she was like as a newborn.

Her favorite toy (and thing to say) these days is "BALL". For her birthday, her Paw Paw got her a blow-up house that you put balls in, and she's in heaven sitting in that thing. She's crawling all over the place and starting to pull up on things. I'm not sure how soon she'll be walking, though. She doesn't seem all that interested, oddly enough...she's rather scream till she gets carried everywhere she wants to go.

Bath time and making her brothers laugh are still her favorite things to do. She's mastered the signs for "all done" and "more", and she loves showing off her skills to anyone who will pay attention. She also loves to blow kisses and wave to anyone who walks by. It is a little awkward when she's blowing kisses to the construction workers that drive by on our street...

She has 4 teeth and it's looking like she has 2 more coming in up top. Or at least that's why I'm hoping she's started waking up in the middle of the night. She's also a crazy picky eater; I blame her dad. :) She knows exactly what she does and doesn't want, and what she doesn't want ends up ALL over the floor. We're going to have to work on that.

I went to my first Matilda Jane party (girls clothing) a few weeks ago, and let me just say that having a girl is SO much fun. Oh my. The more fun girl stuff I see out there, I am so loving having a girl to dote on.

This past year has been so much fun with Harper in our family. She makes us laugh, and she keeps us on our toes. I can only imagine what more she's going to bring to our family this next year!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Harper! Thanks for the update :) Sounds like she and Emma would get along well... wish we lived closer!

Mandy S said...

REALLY?!? Harper is 1 already!?! wow, wow, wow!!! I know it's flown by for you! she is so stinkin' precious!!! beautiful!!