Monday, August 01, 2011

Look out your window...are pigs flying?

My mom is an amazing seamstress. She made me clothes growing up, and now she's making all her granddaughters adorable clothes. Since having a daughter of my own, something has sparked me to be creative in a new way, and I had an urge to learn to sew for the first time ever. (I never thought I'd say that. Ever.) While we were in Stillwater I had my mom teach me how to sew a VERY simple dress for Harper. It is by no means perfect, but it's a small step in learning! I put it on Harper to wear to church today, and it was fun seeing her wear something I'd made!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

So cute! She's adorable, the dress is fantastic, and I love that fabric too! Something about girls makes a mom want to sew :)

Anonymous said...

You made that in no time with 6 kids under 5 yrs old running around in every direction too-Pretty amazing!

Marissa said...

Adorable! I've wanted to learn to sew since having Sarah Kate, but I haven't gotten around to it yet!

Mica said...

you did great! it's so nice to have your mom teach you! once you get the basics down, you can create your own. i personally have no idea how to read a pattern and i dont know how to do sleeves. that may slow my sewing down in the fall! :) cant wait to see what else you create!!

did you make her headband?? it is super cute!!

Cat said...

Leslie, isn't it weird how having a girl does that?! Too bad we didn't have girls when we all lived in the same town!

Marissa, I'm sure if you decide to sew you'll be amazing at it! I still think the actual shopping for dresses is more fun, though. :)

Mica, I can't believe you make your own patterns. That's amazing... We'll see if I can continue this on. I don't know how you find time to make all the beautiful stuff you do. I couldn't believe that little dress took me two hours. I did make Harper's headband. I found inspiration for it on Pinterest.com. It's a highly addictive site. Have you signed up for it?

Little S said...

Harper is beautiful!! And the dress is pretty cute too. Having a girl really has turned you into a different person. :)

Keslyn said...

UHM, whoa!! Look at you!! I'm feeling a little inadequate now and have an itch to run to le Hobby Lobby!! It's VERY cute, good job!!

Amy said...

Nice work! I love it. (and she is getting so big and cute! I need to squeeze her!)