Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Many Faces of Ethan

I found a good tutorial online on how to make eyes in pictures stand out/sparkle. The whole photography and image editing world is completely overwhelming at this point, but I decided I need to at least try it out. I asked my trusty model, Ethan, to head outside and strut his stuff so maybe I could get some good pictures of his eyes. (I promised a cookie if he would stand still and not keep running off) He's my very emotionally in-tuned child, so it was hilarious asking him to show me "sad"...give me "angry"...how about "happy"...."sad"..."scared"? (I've always thought him watching Thomas the Train and observing all their moods and faces helped develop this side of him, but Owen has watched the same thing and could care less about emotions. He seems to have two emotions: happy or really unhappy...) I'm not sure I got any stunning photographs, but I was able to start playing around with making his eyes stand out a bit more, and we both enjoyed a nice cookie after all the hard work!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You got some great ones! He's so adorable!

Amy said...

Hilarious- a future Thespian, and really hilarious about Owen's emotional limits.