Friday, July 29, 2011

Mimi's & Papi's

This past week Chris had a business trip, so I decided to take the kids to OK for a few days. It just so happened that Jon and Katie had a trip planned as well, so their three kids were already staying at my parents. I decided we could go "help out" with things, but I am not sure how much we helped out rather than adding to the chaos!

The kids had a blast playing with their cousins. My parent's family room was in a constant state of disarray as Jack and Ethan had chairs, tables and stools overturned to make camp sites, doctor's offices, and who knows what else. Claire and Owen actually played together for the first time too, and it was really, really cute. Owen had his lawn mower and Claire had her shopping cart, and I think they logged several miles going in circles over and over again around my parent's fireplace. They went on "dates" to get coffee and cupcakes (with sprinkles), and the last day was spent with Claire lying on the couch making a grocery list for Owen to go to the store for her. (I have no idea where they're seeing this modeled...)

We also spent a lot of time at the pool, although I wasn't brave enough to take my camera there to document it. The kids loved swimming, and I think my mom and I enjoyed having them get their energy out somewhere other than inside the house! My dad was wonderful as he watched the Lily and Harper while we went to the pool. The sweet younger girls spent a lot of time observing the craziness put on by their siblings!

My mom amazed me as she managed to feed all nine of us, keep a relatively clean house, AND teach me to sew all in the meantime. (I'll have to blog about that a little later) She's truly superwoman. Thanks mom for all that you did for us!

2 comments:

Stacy and Jason said...

you forgot something (again, it's been FOUR years now)... ME! :) next time?!?!?

Cat said...

DOTTER! I know, I told my mom I wanted to see you when we got in town...and then reality with six kids set in. Once they went to bed, we went to bed! I am going to see you one of these days...