Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It has to be a girl...

It's been an interesting week as we wait for the arrival of Harper. She woke me up Sunday morning with an hour and a half of contractions, but they then stopped. Owen did the same thing only to come two days later, so we assumed we had a little bit of time. My parents were driving back from St Louis on Sunday and decided to come here just in case. Of course nothing happen Sunday or Monday night. I had my weekly appointment with Jennifer, my midwife, last night and we decided to give it another night before my parents headed back home. Harper woke me up at midnight and I started having contraction that last two minutes long, and this went on for two and half hours. We called Jennifer, woke up my mom, and decided this was the morning we'd get to meet Harper. Owen's labor was only 4 hours long, so we've been expecting something fast. Wrong. Harper is apparently not done primping. My labor stopped about 3:30 this morning... I'm dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced but she's so low Jennifer said it would really only take a few good contractions and two good pushes for her to come out.

So we wait.

3 comments:

kobie said...

crazy!!! yep, has to be a girl!

Kari said...

Dear Harper, Come on girl! We're all waiting to meet you! Your hair looks fine, your shoes match and no, that diaper will not make your butt look big. Just come on already!

Michelle said...

We want to hear the birth story and see pictures!!