Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Home birth is a go...


We had our 36 week risk assessment appointment yesterday, and everything looks good for us to have Harper at home! The doctor said her head was so low that he couldn't really tell how dilated/effaced I was, but he didn't think it would be long before she made her arrival. He also mentioned being somewhat concerned that our midwife might not make it in time on several occasions. He told Chris to call him and he'd talk him through delivering the baby. Awesome. She's still "sunny side up", so we're praying that she flips before I go into labor... We set up the birthing tub last night, and while we were waiting for it to fill up, I decided to snap a few "belly shots". I can't believe I am posting them, but Leslie, I promised. :)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah! Belly pictures! :) Thanks for posting. How can you be so little and so pregnant at the same time?! Cute little pregnant belly!

Amy said...

Brave girl and tiniest 36 weeker I've ever seen. Can't wait to hold little Harper! Call me if Chris faints and you need a back up. I'll bring floss. :)

kobie said...

i'm so glad you posted these pics. you look amazing!! i'm so excited she is almost here!!

Papi said...

that's my little girl!

papi said...

Haha. I'm definitely not Catherine's unka Mike

Keslyn said...

You're so cute, I look at that picture and remember that feeling...sooo ready!!!