Thursday, December 02, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving went a little different that we'd planned this year. It all started the Friday BEFORE when Ethan woke up in middle of the night throwing up... Of course my parents were in town (this is the FOURTH time we've been with them at the start of a stomach bug...) As Ethan started to recover, Owen got it and was throwing up by Monday morning. Chris wrapped it up by getting sick Wednesday morning. It's the total grace of God I didn't get sick b/c I was immersed in bodily fluids for almost a week. (gross, I know) We didn't want to get my family sick, so we decided to enforce a self imposed quarantine till Friday morning. I was really sad knowing my whole family was together for Thanksgiving without us, but we made the best of it. Ethan watched all of the Thanksgiving Day Parade while Chris and Owen put up the Christmas tree. We had a turkey lunch at Mimi's Cafe (quite ironic since we were supposed to eat at the REAL Mimi's house!), and we were all in bed by 8 that night!
I was determined to see my family if even for a little bit, so we were out the door by 7:15 Friday morning heading to Stillwater. We managed to get about 30 minutes with Josh and Caylee before they had to head back to St Louis, and we even got a family picture to document our brief time together!
We managed to get several activities all crammed into Friday and Saturday. Papi helped the boys cut rifles out of wood, he took all the grandkids went out for donuts, and (Owen's favorite) they all went for a lawnmower around the yard.
Mimi of course had tons of great food, loved on us all, managed to get the Christmas tree put up in spite of the "help" from the grandkids, and took Katie and I for coffee and shopping.

Even though things turned out differently than planned, I was still thankful for such a fun, memorable time with the family. We are so incredibly blessed!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sounds like a really relaxing Thanksgiving day! And, a fun weekend! Hopefully you got the stomach bug out of your household for the year! Glad everyone is feeling better.