Monday, December 20, 2010

21 and 22 Months

Poor Owen is getting months lumped together...I cannot imagine how it will look with Kid #3! Six months at a time?!

It's been a fun and somewhat challenging last two months with my beloved 2nd born. His vocabulary is expanding like crazy, and it's hilarious the words he's saying. My favorite being "Wuv woo!" when he's pretending to leave for work. Not so favorite is "Fight. Die!" I can't imagine where he's picked that one up. He's still very affectionate and I love cuddling with him after naps. He's really started exerting his will, and he's proving to be even more opinionated and stubborn than his big brother. We're convinced that once these traits are channeled in the right direction, they'll be strengths...right??! Some funny quirks of his:

- He LOVES carrying around his soon-to-be little sister's dress...he doesn't try to wear it (thankfully), he just wants to "hold it". I keep putting it back in the closet, but he knows where to find it and is not happy till it's in his hands.
- He now has a strong opinion on what shoes he wears. Rather than wear any of the new shoes I bought him, he wants to wear Ethan's old Nike tennis shoes. He calls them "Runnin' shoes".
- He's really become attached to Frosty the Snowman. He is constantly asking for the Frosty song to be played, and tears ensue when when it doesn't come on.
- He loves to dress up - just not as super heroes. Currently being a frog is his favorite.
- He likes to tell people to "COME!". When he's on the phone with my mom or dad, he'll very adamantly say, "Papi/Mimi, COME!". He can't understand why they don't suddenly show up at our door!
- He's constantly spanking his bunny rabbit and telling it to obey. Hmmm...

We're approaching 2 years old, and it's been so fun watching Owen become his own little person! I'm so thankful for my Owen Christopher!

No comments: