Sunday, February 23, 2014

Owen Turns Five!

My baby boy turned five! His age seems to sneak up on me more than the other two kiddos. That may be the plight of the middle child, or I just want him to stay my baby boy forever...
Owen knew exactly what he wanted to do for his birthday. He had his meals all picked out: homemade donuts for breakfast, PB&J for lunch, and pizza for dinner. He woke up to red balloons on his door and all new baseball gear for tee ball. 

He was adamant about having his party at Chuck E Cheese's, and he didn't want cake. He wanted donuts. It really was one of the easiest parties we've had. 


I didn't get any pictures of Owen's birthday time with Mimi and Papi, but he chose to spend the night in a hotel with them. They watched the Lego movie, swam, and ate McDonald's. Owen had his bag packed to go with them three days in advance. I love the memories that they're making together!

I feel pretty blessed I get to to be Owen's mom too. He's focused, hard working, determined, sweet, compassionate and has an infectious giggle. I love how he takes care of his sister (most of the time), and makes sure to tell me he loves me multiple times a day. He's one special five year old!

No comments: