Monday, August 05, 2013

July

I'm in mourning over the fact that July has come and gone. I realize we still have 2 more weeks before school starts, but when July ends, it feels all over. Here are a few random pics from July...

Harper has become our newest little fish this year. I credit it a lot to the Penturf girls who she has spent a lot of time in the "little pool" with. All 3 girls love being in the water!

My sweet friends surprised me for my birthday, and I loved spending time with them! It was definitely a good way to ring in 35. (gulp)

Ethan got his first legit concussion 2 weeks ago. We have been to the ER for head injuries before, but this was the first one that we didn't hesitate taking him. We still don't know exactly what happened, but my best guess is that he was running down our hall and slipped on something. He blacked out and still doesn't remember what happened, and Chris was standing right there but with his back turned. Ethan started asking really random questions over and over again, and then he threw up. Our friend who is an ER nurse talked to the doctor that checked Ethan out, and the doc told her he had been pretty sure Ethan was going to have to stay the night. Thankfully, Ethan threw up again while at the hospital and then seemed to recover. We had to take a week off of any activities, so we watched a lot of movies and stayed inside. My kids should probably wear helmets 24/7.

With Ethan taking it easy, Owen and Harper had a lot of time to dress up...

We also told our sweet friends, the Herrons, good bye this last week. They've become dear friends, and it's not going to be the same with out them around. Montana is lucky to have them!


 We also FINALLY made a trip to Ft Smith to see our buds, the Crawfords. My kids were so excited to see their new world and play with them. It was a little surreal leaving them, though, and going back to G Ct w/o them.

And this past weekend Harper and I went to OKC while the boys went camping. The boys had a blast, but I have no pictures to document it! Harper and I enjoyed soaking up time with the STL Dodsons as well as the OKC Dodsons. Mimi sewed dresses for all the granddaughters, and they all looked adorable. Thanks, Mimi!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is so scary about Ethan! Glad he's doing better. Miss you all!!