Saturday, April 06, 2013

Birthdays Galore...2, 4, 6

I'm a bit behind blogging about birthdays...like 3 months behind. I think I've just recovered from all our partying.

Ethan turned SIX in January. Six...my first baby is so big now. He's adventurous, passionate, loyal, sensitive, observant, and goofy. He constantly surprises me with what comes out of his mouth. For example, when I praised him for loving on his brother one day, his response was, "If I had not loved on Owen, would I have been doing the bidding of Satan?" He leaves me speechless. A lot. He's loving Kindergarten and was a champ with his broken leg at school. He's reading but much prefers math to any sort of reading/phonics. He still loves to draw, and is working at mastering drawing Ninja Turtles.
 Ethan was a trooper as his birthday plans were changed last minute. One of his good friends got really sick the night before his party and I was a the hospital late, so we decided to keep the party at home and very simple. We invited everyone over for a movie and pizza. When we told him about the change of plans, his wasn't upset at all. "As long as my friends are with me, I don't care where we celebrate." That was just what this momma needed to hear!

Owen turned FOUR in February, and my little farmer has turned a new corner. He loves super heroes and Ninja Turtles. I'm not sure how it happened, but his construction stuff has been packed up and all he does now is play action figures. It made me a little sad at first, but it is fun seeing the boys fight crime together! Owen is still his own person, though. He's hard-working, passionate, tender, helpful, strong willed, resilient, and funny. He's soaking things up that I don't realize and will surprise us when he'll shout out an answer to Ethan's homework. And I love his sweet spirit...he tells me constantly that he'll always be my baby boy. Once day when I picked him, I told him how big he was getting and I probably couldn't carry him much longer, and he responded with, "I guess I'll have to stop eating so you can carry me forever."
 Owen's party was at the place he takes gymnastics. He was in heaven having free reign of the gym. At one point he lost his pants in the foam pit. When he was pulled out by the assisting coach, he was completely naked from the bottom down...I didn't think to make sure he had put underwear on before we left the house. Awesome.

And my baby girl turned TWO in March. She's been ready to be two for several months now. If she could say she wanted to be sixteen, she'd probably say that though. This girl is keeping us on our toes. She never stops moving, she is tough and has no fear. She's incredibly expressive; you never wonder what she's thinking because it's clearly written on her face. She loves Mickey Mouse (ie: "moush"), wearing sunglasses, carrying purses, jumping on the trampoline, having her nails painted, and Michelangelo the Ninja Turtle. I have to admit, I have loved having a girl!

 When I asked her what she wanted to do for her party, all she would say was, "PINK!". So a pink party we had. We painted nails, played with babies, and ate a pink cake. It was startling the how quiet and peaceful having 10 little girls in one room vs. 10 little boys. They were calm, quiet and relatively still. I wasn't sure what to do with that!

We had family over for a separate family party, and it turned into a full day of celebrating! The kids loved having their cousins over to play, and they managed to love on all their grandparents along the way. Ethan and Adam both had casts on and practiced their break dancing moves on the floor together. Thanks, family, for celebrating our kiddos! We loved having you all here!


1 comment:

Little S said...

Great post! I enjoyed reading about your children's unique personalities. The various cast pictures make me laugh...how did so many people end up in casts at the same time? :) And Owen's underwear story is hilarious! Harper reminds me so much of Anna--tough and strong, yet loves pink and all things girly. Happy Birthday to all your kiddos!