Monday, November 21, 2011

The LIghting of the Square

My parents try to come every year for the lighting of our downtown square. (Last year we were fighting a stomach bug, so they didn't make it.) BUT this year everyone was healthy and we had a blast hanging out with them. The guys played baseball outside and superheroes inside while my mom and I managed to fit a little bit of shopping in. I think Mimi and Papi read every book we checked out from the library at least 4 times to the boys, and Harper enjoyed being held and wearing Papi's hats. The square lighting was fun - we got to listen to a choir sing and the boys enjoyed dancing. After the lights were turned on, we took my parents to the original 5 & Dime/WalMart museum. I think the highlight for Owen, though, was playing on the construction site on our way back to the car after the night was over! Thanks Mimi and Papi for visiting!

2 comments:

Amy said...

GREAT family picture!! love it.

Little S said...

Awww, your parents look so cute. And, I agree with Amy, great family picture of you guys!! Glad no one was sick this year.