Thursday, September 09, 2010

Baby #3!

It's a little surreal to be posting about another Hoyle baby on the way. It seems like I just started blogging about becoming a new mom and Ethan as a new baby. Man, it's flying by. We've known that we were pregnant for awhile now (the "morning sickness" has been plenty of a reminder!), but today we were able to actually see Baby 3! It was SO nice to see ONE heart beat. (I had a dream a few weeks ago there were twins in there...I was not able to go back to sleep that night.) All that to say, I was a little anxious to see what was going on in there. Thanks to Miss Pattie and Loving Choices, we were able to get a sneak peak. This is the earliest ultrasound we've ever had, so it was a little strange to not really be able to figure out what was what, but I did see the heart beat. And the technician kept commenting on how active the baby was. I think her word was "bouncing". That sounds about right for our offspring...

I now have an appointment with my doctor to see if I am a good candidate for a home birth. (very hippie, I know) If he gives us the "thumbs up", then I think we'll move forward with a midwife. We're still praying through it, but it's sounding like a pretty good option for us. More to come...

5 comments:

Little S said...

Congratulations! I had a dream right after I had Anna that you guys had twins and I agreed to take one for the night shift. Haha!! Glad to know neither of our dreams are going to come true. :) We'll be praying for a reason to buy more pink.

Cat said...

That's hilarious, Shawn! I am glad I didn't know you had a twins dream too or I really would have been a nervous wreck. Thanks for offering to take the night shift, though. :) And yes, we'd love a reason to buy some pink! Well, I would, but our bank account might not....

kate said...

If it makes you any more hopeful, baby #3 looks a lot like B-Dubette did on her ultrasound at Loving Choices...maybe it's a girl thing. :) Regardless...that's a good looking baby who is going to make the Hoyle family fuller and even more joyful.

Stephanie said...

OH MY WORD! What fun news on this Friday morning....I will so be praying for you all. SO SO excited for you and your sweet family. Gosh, we miss you all!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! congrats!!!
-shauna from canada