Monday, August 02, 2010

My Chef

I have to admit, I am a little slow... For as long as Owen has had the ability to express his desires, he has always wanted to be in the kitchen with me when I am cooking meals. This has boggled my mind b/c for one, I don't want to be in the kitchen, and also b/c Ethan has never had any desire to help out with meals. So I would spend most of my time trying to convince Owen that he really did want to go play with his brother somewhere else... (bad, I know) Finally, after seeing him play "cooking" at Josh and Caylee's house it hit me that he actually wants to cook in the kitchen with me! Craziness. So, I cleared off a shelf in the kitchen for him to have as his counter top and have given him bowls, tongs (his favorite), spoons, and a few lids to pots, and he is as happy as can be. He "cooks" all day long. (apparently he's quite passionate like his brother - just about something totally different!) It's pretty funny to watch b/c he'll say "hot", blow on whatever is in his bowl, stir, and then put the lid back on. We are going to have to figure out what to do with snacks though...I thought he was eating them, only to find an eclectic mixture of crackers, apples, and fruit snacks in his "pots and pans"...gross.

3 comments:

Kari said...

What a cutie! I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. He is so big! Looking forward to the cooler weather so maybe we can plan some outside play dates! Come on Fall!!

Leslie said...

That's hilarious! Sam loves to cook too. Owen and Sam have some funny commonalities :) They have an adorable neutral kitchen set at IKEA...

He looks a lot like Ethan in that first picture!

Amy said...

That is cute and so funny that Ethan was never interested!