Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Pt 1

This year was our year to spend Christmas day with the Dodson clan. We ended up going to Stillwater early to beat the "Blizzard of '09". It was fun getting my parents to ourselves for a few days and to let Ethan experience snow to its fullest. My brothers and their families arrived on Christmas day, and we had a blast eating my mom's amazing food and opening gifts. Claire, being 110% all-girl, opened her shopping cart, purse and tea set and played quietly by herself the entire time. Jack and Ethan, however, absolutely loved their knight costumes and spent the bulk of the time with Uncle Josh sword fighting. I can't remember laughing so much... Owen seemed to enjoy taking it all in and trying join in the fun. The poor guy couldn't keep up with the big guys, and since he couldn't fit into Claire's shopping cart, she wasn't all that interested in playing with him!

My parents watched the grandkids one the nights so we could all go out. We hit the Stillwater "hot spot" - the wine bar - and enjoyed good conversation and watching all the random Stillwater alums walk in the door. It was such a fun time with everyone, it left me wanting more. Which is probably a good thing...I think it means we didn't overstay our welcome...

No comments: