Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

Our family has had a rough last couple weeks, and poor Ethan's birthday suffered because of it. We had planned a super hero party, and Ethan got a full Ironman costume for his gift. He got a "big boy" hair cut. Food was bought, party favors ready, the makings of a Bat Cave in process. I had my dear friend, Elizabeth, make Ethan a Batman birthday cake, and my parents picked it up on their way to celebrate with us. Unfortunately, the night before Ethan's party, he woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. The next morning Owen started. So, my parents went home and we canceled the party. I did 9 loads of laundry in the 24 hour period... All Ethan wanted to do was to eat his cake, so by the end of the day we let him have a little bite. I felt so sorry for him!

The following week, the boys and I went to Oklahoma while Chris was out of town on business. We planned on celebrating Ethan's birthday with my family then...until my mom got sick. (this is the SECOND time we've given my parents the flu!) So the boys and I packed up and headed back to AR to let her be sick in peace. My dad got sick the next day. (SORRY, parents!) Needless to say, we didn't have a family party for Ethan.

Ethan's handled it quite well. We're going to try again when the weather warms up. Until then, I am praying like crazy against all illness!

2 comments:

kobie said...

oh, that's so sad. and so much work that went into it! maybe he'll have a big "half birthday" this year.

Little S said...

Poor kid!! We're looking forward to the rescheduled party!