Monday, January 14, 2008

An "I am old" moment...

A local gym is offering a free, 21-day trial, so last week I went in for my first appointment. An employee there was taking down my information and proceeded to make some small talk. He asked if I was from the area, and I told him that I was from OK. He said that he was originally from Muskogee, so I thought that he might know a good friend of mine that grew up there. When I asked him and he said no, I realized he might be too young to know her. So I asked his age - he was EIGHTEEN! My quick math skills told me that he was ELEVEN years younger than me!! Of course he wouldn't know my friend - when she was in high school he would be like six. I couldn't stop laughing as I realized that someone 11 years my junior could be a trainer at a gym. I had finally gotten used to the idea that I am a mom, but now I am just feeling old...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad we didn't see a picture of some buff 18 year old. That would have made me feel old and out of shape.

Anonymous said...

you're a blogger! an old blogger!