Thursday, February 16, 2006

Russia, here we come!



We're leaving tomorrow morning for Russia. Most people go to the beach or somewhere warm, but who wants to be "normal", right?! It's really snuck up on me b/c we've been so busy with work and life in general. I was able to get most of our packing done last night, so tonight we can focus on making sure we have everything. Luckily, the weather there has warmed (warm being relative, of course), so I won't have to pack TOO many sweaters. I have been told that January had record breaking cold weather. I am SO thankful that it's February!!!

We are leaving tomorrow morning and should arrive in Moscow 17 hours and 1,264 miles later. Our friends will be picking us up at the airport and we'll be staying with them for three days or so. (I have been told that you never really plan anything there...you just go with the flow) We'll then fly to Samara, where Chris lived for his two years there. I am excited to meet the students he worked with as well as see where he lived. We'll be there for a couple of days and then begin our trip back home.

1 comment:

rhp997 said...

WOW! I had no idea you were going. Sounds verra verra cold...esp. since I spent the weekend in Negril, Jamaica ;-P Sounds like they have "island time" in Russia as well! No problem mon...