Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Busy, Busy

We have managed to cram a TON in during the last several weeks. We've been to OKC twice, camping, Kansas City, and Lake of the Ozarks. I just downloaded over 200 pictures from my phone...I have some catching up to do!

The boys went camping with Papi, Uncle Jon and Jack at the end of May. I don't have any pictures from this trip, but I hear they all had a blast! I think they all got a little more sleep than the year before. Baby steps. Harper and I enjoyed spending the weekend doing "girl stuff". I took her shopping at Build-A-Bear, and she left with a pink Hello Kitty the size of her. We ate crepes, sushi, and shared several smoothies. She's fun to hang out with!

Ethan has become quite obsessed with puzzles lately. It's been fun watching him focus intently on each one till they're completed.

Owen is still my "project" man. Give him a job to do, and he's all over it. I really need to utilize this desire a little more! He's been quite helpful cleaning my van and helping water our plants. 

 This sweet and sassy girl is getting more and more opinionated about her clothing and shoes. I don't know why this would surprise me considering her brothers are extremely opinionated too. This is the response I got one more morning when I asked her to put a particular pair of shoes on.

Chris built the kids a fantastic sandbox that they have loved playing in. We were all impressed by his mad carpentry skills! Now I'm working at talking him into building a bunk bed for the boys... (I don't know why Ethan is posing like this....)

We finally broke down and got a seat for Harper on Chris' bike so we could start taking bike rides as a family. She is in heaven riding with him, and she has only argued a few times on who actually gets to steer it.

Our sweet neighbor, Emma, has now imparted the "duck face" pose onto Harper. Between that and some cheer moves, Harper is pretty sure she's 13.

No comments: