Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Rest of LABOR Day Weekend

The rest of our Labor Day weekend was pretty relaxed. Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market and ate crepes for breakfast. Owen loves watching "The Crepe Lady" make our food, and he spend the rest of the day pretending to be the Crepe Lady making us food. (we need to introduce him to a crepe making MAN) We enjoyed spending as much time outside as possible and soaking up every minute of the beautiful weather! On Monday, we went to the lake with our friends. I wasn't sure how to handle a boat and a 5 month old baby, but we borrowed a friend's infant life jacket and decided to try it out. Harper is mostly very chill about things, but as soon as that boat got going she was NOT happy. I think she and I lasted 5 minutes on the boat till I took her home. When the wind hit her face she couldn't breath, and when she'd catch her breath she'd scream. I was sad to leave the boys and Chris on the boat and miss out on the fun, but it wasn't worth it. I guess there's always next year... All in all though, it was a perfect Labor Day weekend. Now on to our Florida trip to finish telling summer good-bye!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

We have a crepe man! You should bring him here to meet him :)

Cat said...

Now that's a good idea, Leslie! I'll work on that...Chris and I are talking about going to NJ sometime this fall. We'll definitely see you if we do...just minus the boys. :)

Amy said...

At least her life jacket was adorable! I'm sad you didn't get to stay on the boat. :( (do you mean Labor Day weekend?) and WHY do you think you need to be visiting New Jersey anytime soon.....ahem....

Cat said...

BAHAHA!!! Yes, LABOR day. I don't know why I kept calling it Memorial day... Amy, nothing has changed. Chris just thinks it would be fun to go up there together this fall.