Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter Sunday was a bit insane because Chris had to help set up at church. I didn't manage to get a picture of the kids before we (barely) made it out the door, and by the time we got home they were ready to be done with dressing up. BUT I did manage to get a few quick pictures...much to their disdain! We also were able to start the tradition of "resurrection rolls". (you put marshmellows dipped in butter and sugar and wrap them in crescent rolls. Bake them and the marshmellow melts...similar to Jesus' body leaving the burial cloths...) Anyway, the boys loved making them and thought it was so crazy that the marshmellows were gone. It provided a great way to talk about Jesus' resurrection from the dead! (and they tasted really good too!) We had Easter dinner with our buds the Harris' later that evening, but I forgot my camera. So sad!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Love the pic of Ethan with his arm around Owen!! Such a sweet big brother!! I too didn't get many Easter Pics... I'm planning on recreating the day later this week :)

Cat said...

Ahhh...recreating the day...genius! You may see a new Easter post later in the week from us. :) Hope you all are doing well!

Little S said...

Thanks for the details on the resurrection rolls. I have heard of them before but never knew how to make them. I'll have to try that next year.